Your Contents After a Fire (Pack-Outs)
A space heater caused a fire in a customer's garage, leaving a layer of smoke and soot
SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth specializes in restoring contents damaged by fire. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water damage. SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth utilizes several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning after a fire, SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. Move-out will provide several benefits, including:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, they will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Protect Your Investment
This medical facility called SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth to dry the building and contents after a flood.
Whether you are a building owner, or property manager, you know the importance of protecting real estates investments. SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth understands that time is money! Storm, fire, and water damage not only causes business interruptions, but can greatly damage your assets.
FASTER TO ANY SIZE DISASTER
With our quick response time, SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth can and will restore your building to preloss condition and get your business back on track. We act fast to prevent secondary damages to the structure, such as mold, mildew, and wood rot. Our team is on call 24/7, including holidays and weekends. We work with all insurance companies, and accept self-pay as well.
If you experience a loss, DO NOT HESITATE! Call SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth at 817-557-6895
Recovery After Dallas Tornadoes
Cindy and John were completely overwhelmed when a tornado hit their North Dallas home. They were kind enough to send us a card to say "Thanks!"
On October 20, 2019, an unexpected turn in the weather occurred. Storms across the DFW metroplex produced 10 tornadoes: four EF-0 storms in Allen, Ferris, Kaufman County and Wills Point; four EF-1 whirlwinds in Kaufman County, Midlothian, Rowlett and Rockwall; an EF-2 twister in Garland; and the EF-3 monster that tracked from northwest Dallas to Richardson.
The largest of the storms, the F-3 in North Dallas, left a trail of destruction nearly 15 miles long. Many of the structures were deemed a total loss by the insurance companies, while the rest sustained severe damage.
SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth was on the ground as soon as possible to assess houses and assist the residents in the journey through disaster recovery. We have the capacity to handle the clean-up, drying, pack-out, move out, and rebuild after any storm.
Working major disaster such as these is all at once rewarding, exhausting, and emotional. SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth is honored to serve our community in times of need. We bring normalcy into peoples lives by getting them back in their homes as quickly as possible "Like it never even happened."
Winterize Your Home
Winter in Texas can be a gamble. Some years are mild and warm, while others leave us iced in for days. Nevertheless, it is important to take a few preventative measures to protect your home through the chilly months. Winterizing is generally a task that can be done relatively inexpensively, will make a big difference in how comfortable your home is, help prevent fires and water damage, and could even save you money on those utility bills! Here are some way you can get a jump start on winter weather conditions:
- Clean gutters and downspouts in mid-fall and double-check them before winter.
- Replace the filter in your furnace.
- Close any vents in your home that may have been opened for the warm weather.
- Disconnect hoses from outside faucets and turn off the water.
- Buy a snow shovel and other winter supplies before the messy weather hits.
- Keep extra water and canned food in storage just in case.
- Test your heating system, so that you know it will work properly when you need it.
- Give your deck a fresh coat of sealer to protect it from the winter elements.
- Keep outside faucets covered when not in use.
- If it's below freezing, leave kitchen cabinets open and water dripping to avoid a pipe freeze
What To Expect When You Call SERVPRO
SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 817-557-6895
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration, in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
- What year was the structure built?
- What type of foundation does the structure have?
- What type(s) of flooring is in the affected area(s)?
- Have you experienced a previous water loss?
- Is there any visible growth (mold, mildew, exc)?
Commercial Restoration Experts
This dentist's office had a break in a water line. SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth answered the call with the latest equipment
Flooding and water damage events at Southwest Fort Worth commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we are dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we'll be there fast with the help you need.
Prevent Holiday Fires
The approaching holiday season brings traditions, parties, shopping, entertaining – and potential danger.
The latest statistics available from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) show the holidays are a high-risk time for home fires. Christmas trees are responsible for 240 home fires each year, and other holiday decorations are the cause of another 1,170 fires1. Thanksgiving Day sees almost a threefold increase in cooking-related fires; cooking fires are almost twice as likely to happen on Christmas Day as on non-holidays2.
“No one wants to think about the possibility of losing their home, and even more tragically, lives because of a fire during the holidays,” said Rick Isaacson, Executive Vice President of SERVPRO Industries, Inc. “But statistics show, it’s important to be aware of the increased risk seasonal decorating, entertaining and cooking can cause during the holidays.”
Isaacson reminds homeowners that prevention and common sense can help keep homes and families safe during the holidays and throughout the year. Here are some sobering facts about holiday fires and tips to help keep your home, friends and family safe throughout the holiday season.
Christmas Tree Fire Facts
- 33% of tree fires are caused by electrical problems; 13% involve decorative lights.Check wiring on lights for breaks and wear. Replace worn strings and don’t exceed manufacturer guidelines for connecting multiple strands of lights. Don’t leave tree lights plugged in when you are away from home or when you go to bed.
- 42% occur on the 12 days from December 23 through January 3. Keep live trees well watered to reduce the chance of a fire.
Holiday Decoration Fire Facts
- 45% of all holiday fires involve candles; that number rises to 56% in December. Use flameless candles. If you do use traditional candles, burn them in sturdy candleholders, well away from drapes and other flammable materials, and never leave them unattended or allow them to burn down to less than one inch in length.
- 48% of all decoration fires start because the decoration is too close to a heat source.Keep all decorations away from heat sources like radiators, portable heaters, fireplaces, etc.
Cooking Fire Facts
- Cooking fires on Thanksgiving Day exceed the daily average by 272%. Supervise items on the stovetop. 58% of kitchen fires involve ranges; homes with electric cooktops have a higher risk of fire than homes with gas cooktops.
- Cooking fires on Christmas Day and Christmas Eve exceed the daily average by 96% and 89% respectively. Keep flammable items – potholders, packaging, wrapping, wooden utensils, loose clothing – away from the stovetop. And, don’t let lack of sleep or alcohol consumption affect your ability to concentrate on preparing the meal.
“It only takes a moment’s distraction or carelessness to turn a holiday celebration into a catastrophe,” said Isaacson. “We hope these tips will be a reminder to families everywhere to make fire prevention a priority in their holiday preparations, so they can spend the season enjoying family and friends, not dealing with the aftermath of a fire.”
For more fire prevention tips and information about fire and water damage restoration services, please visit www.SERVPRO.com
There's Water Coming Through My Floor!
If your flooring is wet, and the cause isn't visible, you may have a slab leak. Be on the lookout for these signs:
- A sudden, unexplained spike in water bills
- Water pooling where it shouldn’t
- Damp carpet or warped hard flooring
- Mold or mildew (visible or just the smell)
- A decrease in water pressure
- A hot water heater that’s constantly running
- Areas of the floor that are suddenly hot
If left undetected, a slab leak can eventually lead to thousands of dollars in water and structural damage to your home. Early detection is super important when it comes to a leak in your home’s slab foundation.
If you experience a slab leak, or any other water loss, call us at 817-557-6895.
IICRC Certified Firm
Drying the employee break room of an office building
SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth
SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO™ corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Storm Season is Here Again!
It's storm season again!
When the cold arctic air from Canada and the warm tropical winds from the Gulf of Mexico meet, this may cause major weather disturbances in North Texas.
As everyone who's lived here a while knows we can see all kinds of damaging weather from torrential rains, ice, sleet, hail, high winds and tornadoes.
When these storms hit SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth is ready to clean up the mess and make it "Like it never even happened". With over 40 franchises in the Dallas Forth Worth metroplex and our expert storm team always on the ready SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth has the resources available to handle any size disaster. Our highly trained technicians will restore your property while providing excellent customer service in the process.
24/7 we are here for you.