Career Opportunities at SERVPRO
Interested in being a part of the SERVPRO family? Apply today!
With 17 franchises in 6 locations throughout TN, FL, and TX, SERVPRO Team Nicholson is an exciting, diverse, innovative place to work. We foster positive company culture, offer competitive compensation packages, and prioritize community involvement. Come find out what it takes to be a part of our team!
Our mission is to be a proud, laser-focused team holding each other accountable while creating positive opportunities for our people and becoming the most efficiently run organization in the markets we serve. We value honesty, reliability, relationships, trustworthiness, and authenticity! Our team develops and provides solutions; we are go-getters and carry a “bring it” attitude to our work environment. We listen and value each other’s thoughts and ideas and strive to bring them to life. We are built on hard work, transparency, good business, and integrity. We believe “You can’t go wrong doing the right thing.”
Bill Repsel, our Regional Administrator, shared his testimony on what it's like working for SERVPRO. He said "Every day is a new day. It is an opportunity to serve others in our community in a time of need. We have an incredible team of people with great talent that strives to make a difference every day."
SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth is proud of the work we do and is always looking for like-minded people interested in a rewarding career. Please submit your resume to recruiting@SERVPROclarksville.com, stop by our office at 7435 Pebble Dr, Fort Worth, TX. from 8:00 am-5:00 pm Monday-Friday, or click here to check out our current job openings.
How to Avoid Fire Damage This Holiday Season
Follow these fire prevention tips!
SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth wants everyone to have a happy and safe holiday season.
Unfortunately, nearly 47,000 fires occur during the winter holidays claiming more than 500 lives, causing more than 2,200 injuries, and costing $554 million in property damage.
Here are some prevention tips to help keep your family safe:
- Check your smoke alarms in your house.
- Place Christmas trees, candles, and other holiday decorations at least three feet away from heat sources like fireplaces, portable heaters, heat vents, and candles.
- Always unplug the tree and holiday lights before leaving home or going to bed.
- Make sure that light strings and other holiday decorations are in good condition. Do not use anything with frayed electrical cords, and always follow the manufacturer's instructions.
In the unfortunate event you need our services SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth is available 24/7 to help.
Southwest Fort Worth Water Emergency Services
Have water damage? Contact SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth (817) 557-6895.
SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration, in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth
SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO™ corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Does Your SW Fort Worth Home Have a Mold Problem?
Have mold? Call SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth today!
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise mold removal and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Suppose your home or business has a mold problem. In that case, SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
Tips to Prepare Your Home for Winter
Follow these prevention tips!
Tips to Prepare Your Southwest Fort Worth Home for the Holidays
- Do not let your leaves stay put! This can cause mildew growth and smother your yard.
- Keep your firewood stacked away from your home because creepy crawlers love cozy wooden homes! We recommend keeping your woodpiles more than 6 feet away from your homes.
- Make sure to pest-proof your beautiful plants.
- Cover and protect all outside faucets and hoses to prevent freezing and cold air from circulating into your homes.
- Let the sunshine in! Opening your blinds or curtains can help to cut costs for electric bills.
- BE WEARY OF ICICLES! As beautiful as icicles are to look at, they can cause major damage to your homes. Leaving them can lead to leaks and roof damage.
- Humidify your air to keep mold away.
- DO NOT pour hot water on your frozen car windshield. This can cause your windshield to crack! Instead, use an ice scraper and a commercial de-icing spray (rubbing alcohol will work too).
If you have any questions feel free to call your SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth at (817)-557-6895! We are here to help!
Unseen Water Leaks Cause The Most Damage
Call SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth!
There's always cause for concern whether you come home to a small water leak or a large water leak. Why should someone worry about a small leak?
It is the water you can't see that causes the most damage! Your SERVPRO professionals understand how disruptive unseen water damage is. The water can contain bacteria, within a few days cause mold, and stopping the source can be very difficult if you can not easily see the water. That is where we come in! Do not risk secondary damages trying to clean up the mess yourself. Call SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth to ensure the source of the leak is stopped. The structure is completely dry so that mold will not spread and give you peace of mind!
Here are a few tips to prevent leaks and a headache when they do happen:
- Always keep your roof inspected and up-to-date on all repairs.
- Document your possessions.
- Keep your trees trimmed to prevent them from falling onto your roof.
- Keep all gutters and spouts cleared out to make sure they are draining properly.
- Guard your foundation and basement.
- Keep up with your HVAC equipment and appliances.
Hurricane Season 2018
Have storm damage? Call SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth today!
Weather experts say there is a slightly above-average hurricane season ahead of us this year. SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth is ready to combat these storms! We have equipment for drying structures so they can be saved and not have to be replaced! This saves people time and money. The weather experts expect 14 named storms, 7 hurricanes, 3 intense hurricanes, and accumulated cyclone energy of 130. We must be prepared for these storms! Our certified storm technicians know the necessary steps to take when a storm hits your home. SERVPRO is capable of board-ups, roof tarps, and more! Our crew can travel to areas that are more likely to be affected by these storms, like the coast of Texas and Houston areas; we traveled and worked during Hurricane Harvey in 2017. SERVPRO is here to help those in need!
Mold in Midland, TX
If you suspect mold in your property, call SERVPRO today!
A pipe bursting through a multi-million dollar home and flooding it while the family was on vacation caused a category 3 water damage that leads to mold. Our team was there for about 3 weeks as we began the mold remediation processes. Our SERVPRO team is certified in water, fire, and mold remediation. We began the process by picking out all the affected rooms' contents and moving them to an unaffected area. Once all of the contents were squared away, our team began the demo. Our team pulled and saved granite countertops, cabinetry, and doors.
Our crew also saved all of the hardware in the home to be reused. We then began to pull all of the floorings from the affected areas and cut the walls to pull drywall, insulation, and foam that was affected. Our team cleaned up after all the demo was completed and began HEPA-vacuuming all surfaces. Our crew HEPA-vacuumed multiple times to get up all dust, dirt, mold spores, etc., from the surfaces until it was clean. Lastly, our crew sprayed anti-microbial on all surfaces and fogged the home. We passed the mold test and were able to say our work was complete. The homeowner was pleased with our team's hard work and was most impressed we were in and out in under 3 weeks!
Chemical Sponge Cleaning
We use chemical sponges to clean fire and soot residue properly.
Chemical sponges are for the removal of dry dirt, dust, and dry smoke soot residues. SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth uses these sponges on all of our fire jobs while cleaning. If our team needs to reach high ceilings, we have poles that hold the chemical sponges up high to reach those areas. This is a perfect way to get soot residue off of walls and ceilings. You never want to wipe fire soot off with a wet sponge. It will only smear more! We use a dry sponge for that very reason. Although, chemical sponges should not be used with protein fires because it will only smear them more. Our technicians are certified in fire restoration, and we have the perfect chemicals for any size job.
How Mold Grows
Follow these tips!
There are many mold scares in the United States because it can be a huge health issue, mold can destroy a house, and be very hard to get rid of. Mold can be an epidemic for some homeowners because their home is food for mold! The way mold spreads is through spores in the air, which does not always mean it will lead to a mold epidemic in your home. Mold can not grow on dry surfaces. The only way it can spread is with wet surfaces. A simple solution is to keep your home dry, and you won't have a mold problem. Although, it is not always that easy!
Tips to keep your home dry and the humidity low to avoid getting mold:
- Before taking a bath, shower, or cooking a meal on the stove, turn on your exhaust fan. This will suck up any moisture getting into the air.
- After taking a bath or shower, leave your shower curtain open to air out the tub.
- Make sure to dry any wet areas immediately!
- Ventilate, ventilate, ventilate!
- Open some windows if it starts getting humid and burps your house.
- Monitor your humidity levels indoors.
- Equip your home with mold-resistant products.
- Clean and repair roof gutters and try to direct all water away from your home.