There's Water Coming Through My Floor!
If your flooring is wet, and the cause isn't visible, you may have a slab leak. Be on the lookout for these signs:
- A sudden, unexplained spike in water bills
- Water pooling where it shouldn’t
- Damp carpet or warped hard flooring
- Mold or mildew (visible or just the smell)
- A decrease in water pressure
- A hot water heater that’s constantly running
- Areas of the floor that are suddenly hot
If left undetected, a slab leak can eventually lead to thousands of dollars in water and structural damage to your home. Early detection is super important when it comes to a leak in your home’s slab foundation.
If you experience a slab leak, or any other water loss, call us at 817-557-6895.
IICRC Certified Firm
Drying the employee break room of an office building
SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth
SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO™ corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Storm Season is Here Again!
It's storm season again!
When the cold arctic air from Canada and the warm tropical winds from the Gulf of Mexico meet, this may cause major weather disturbances in North Texas.
As everyone who's lived here a while knows we can see all kinds of damaging weather from torrential rains, ice, sleet, hail, high winds and tornadoes.
When these storms hit SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth is ready to clean up the mess and make it "Like it never even happened". With over 40 franchises in the Dallas Forth Worth metroplex and our expert storm team always on the ready SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth has the resources available to handle any size disaster. Our highly trained technicians will restore your property while providing excellent customer service in the process.
24/7 we are here for you.
Brand New Ozone Room!
SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth is proud to announce the completion of our on-site Ozone Room!
Ozone treatment is a powerful way to eliminate odors without the use of chemicals or masking deodorizers. The ozone room can be used after a fire to get soot smells off of contents. You set the contents in the room, set the timer, and let it work its magic!
The ozone room works by utilizing an electrical current and breaks down odors. The ozone room is a very important tool that SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth utilizes when cleaning contents and deodorizing because it kills the odors at the source without using harsh chemicals.
Here is the science behind the ozone room: Normal oxygen is mixed with an electrical current such as lightning transforming normal oxygen into activated oxygen. The activated oxygen is what cleans the air, contents, etc. This is why it always smells so fresh outside after a thunder storm! The activated oxygen from the electrical currents is cleaning the air naturally! Electricity is nature's way of cleaning the air.
Lunch and Learns
Here at SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth, we take special care of our commercial customers.
Water, bio, and fire emergencies can happen anytime and anywhere. We want you to have all the knowledge you need to be prepared in the event of a commercial loss.
One way to share with, and educate potential customers, are through lunch and learns. During a L&L, and a SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth representative schedules a time to bring lunch to your insurance or real estate office. During the meal, the representative will get a short presentation on services, hand out literature, and leave your team with plenty of SERVPRO goodies!
If you would like to schedule a Lunch and Learn with one of our representatives, call us today!
Smoke and Fire Damage Tips
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpet.
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork.
- Place dry, colorfast towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery, and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer, and refrigerator completely and prop doors open to help prevent odor.
- Wipe soot from chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim, and appliances. Protect these surfaces with a light coating of lubricant.
- If heat is off during winter, pour RV antifreeze in sinks, toilet bowels, holding tanks and tubs to avoid freezing pipes and fixtures.
- Wash both sides of leaves on house plants.
- Change HVAC filter, but leave system off until a trained professional can check the system.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers to stop particles of soot from getting in or out of the HVAC system.
- Attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting your SERVPRO.
- Attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting SERVPRO.
- Attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat, or water without first consulting an authorized repair service.
- Consume any food or beverages that may have been stored close to fire, heat, or water. ( They may have been contaminated)
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damaged and cause electrical shock, and air movement may create secondary damage.
- Send garments to the dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set in smoke odor.
When Storms Hit Fort Worth
When Storms Hit Southwest Fort Worth:
Unexpected emergencies like severe weather call for immediate action! Your Southwest Fort Worth SERVPRO knows that immediate reaction is important in helping to get life back to normal after storm damage has occurred. SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth will always strive to contact our customers within 1 hour from the notice of loss to arrange for service! SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth will be on site within 4 hours to begin mitigation after storm damage has occurred. Our SERVPRO professionals will also provide verbal briefing of scope to you within 8 business hours of on- site arrival. SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth can also perform pack-out services, which is removing salvageable personal property from the affected area for off-site cleaning and storage. When disasters strike, SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth is there to help!
Southwest Fort Worth SERVPRO Services Include:
- Fire, Smoke, and Soot
- Water Removal & Dehumidification
- Mold Mitigation & Remediation
- Catastrophic Storm Response
- Move Outs & Contents Restoration
- Electronics & Equipment
- Document Drying
- Contents Claim Inventory Service
- Air Ducts & HVAC
- Biohazard, Crime Scene, & Vandalism
- Carpet, Upholstery, Drapes, & Blinds
- Ceilings, Walls, and Hard Floors
Specializing In Commercial Restoration and Reconstruction
SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth specializes in turn-key commercial restoration and reconstruction. For 15 years we have worked in the Fort Worth community restoring local businesses
There's never a convenient time for fire or water damage to strike your business. We understand that every hour taken away from productivity equals lost revenue. That's why the franchise professionals at SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth has your Dallas/Fort Worth area business covered from the time of loss to job completion.
Give us a call at 817-557-6895 for 24-hour emergency service. Our commercial loss team is standing by to return your business to preloss condition.
From schools to movie theaters, office complexes to hospitals, no job is too large for SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth!
Crime Scene Clean-Up
After the police have finished processing a crime or accident scene, the cleaning and restoration process can begin. Many times, crime and accident scenes have blood and other biohazard contaminants that pose a serious health risk. SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth will respond immediately and have the specialized training, protective equipment, and experience to safely clean trauma and crime scenes.
Need Trauma or Crime Scene Cleanup?
Call Today 817-557-6895
SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth technicians follow OSHA and EPA protocols to help transform an unsafe environment back into a clean, safe home or business. Their first focus is always safety, since crime or accident scenes may involve bloodborne pathogens, harmful chemicals, and other dangers. SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth will always treat your property and the people involved with the greatest empathy and respect in the face of trying circumstances.
Crime Scene and Trauma Cleaning Services
- Fingerprint powder and evidence-gathering chemicals
- Tear gas and pepper spray residues
- Fire extinguisher residue
- Blood, bodily fluids, and tissue remnants
- Illegal drug and chemical residue
Got Mold? What Now?
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 817-557-6895