Recent Mold Remediation Posts
Does Your SW Fort Worth Home Have a Mold Problem?
Have mold? Call SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth today!
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise mold removal and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Suppose your home or business has a mold problem. In that case, SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
Mold in Midland, TX
If you suspect mold in your property, call SERVPRO today!
A pipe bursting through a multi-million dollar home and flooding it while the family was on vacation caused a category 3 water damage that leads to mold. Our team was there for about 3 weeks as we began the mold remediation processes. Our SERVPRO team is certified in water, fire, and mold remediation. We began the process by picking out all the affected rooms' contents and moving them to an unaffected area. Once all of the contents were squared away, our team began the demo. Our team pulled and saved granite countertops, cabinetry, and doors.
Our crew also saved all of the hardware in the home to be reused. We then began to pull all of the floorings from the affected areas and cut the walls to pull drywall, insulation, and foam that was affected. Our team cleaned up after all the demo was completed and began HEPA-vacuuming all surfaces. Our crew HEPA-vacuumed multiple times to get up all dust, dirt, mold spores, etc., from the surfaces until it was clean. Lastly, our crew sprayed anti-microbial on all surfaces and fogged the home. We passed the mold test and were able to say our work was complete. The homeowner was pleased with our team's hard work and was most impressed we were in and out in under 3 weeks!
How Mold Grows
Follow these tips!
There are many mold scares in the United States because it can be a huge health issue, mold can destroy a house, and be very hard to get rid of. Mold can be an epidemic for some homeowners because their home is food for mold! The way mold spreads is through spores in the air, which does not always mean it will lead to a mold epidemic in your home. Mold can not grow on dry surfaces. The only way it can spread is with wet surfaces. A simple solution is to keep your home dry, and you won't have a mold problem. Although, it is not always that easy!
Tips to keep your home dry and the humidity low to avoid getting mold:
- Before taking a bath, shower, or cooking a meal on the stove, turn on your exhaust fan. This will suck up any moisture getting into the air.
- After taking a bath or shower, leave your shower curtain open to air out the tub.
- Make sure to dry any wet areas immediately!
- Ventilate, ventilate, ventilate!
- Open some windows if it starts getting humid and burps your house.
- Monitor your humidity levels indoors.
- Equip your home with mold-resistant products.
- Clean and repair roof gutters and try to direct all water away from your home.
Conditions in Southwest Fort Worth Might be Right for Mol
SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth is available 24/7.
It’s estimated that more than 1 million types of mold exist, yet less than 10 percent have been named. This means mold is very common in both indoor and outdoor environments. While mold and humans can sometimes co-exist without issue, certain mold species can cause health effects for some people.
If the right conditions exist, mold will grow. Those conditions include:
- Water - Different mold types require varying amounts of liquid before growth begins.
- Temperature - Normal indoor temperatures will promote mold growth.
- Time - Initial mold colonizers can take hold within one day after being exposed to an adequate water supply.
Mold growth can occur in any home, so it’s essential to keep an eye out for situations that might promote mold activity. Roof/chimney leaks, wet basements, or condensation from ducts that dampen surrounding insulation are just a few examples of issues that make a house a prime target for mold growth.
What to Do:
If you suspect mold in your home, call SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth to assess the situation. We have the knowledge, tools, and track record to remediate mold in your home or business effectively.