Conditions in Southwest Fort Worth Might be Right for Mol
It’s estimated that more than 1 million types of mold exist, yet less than 10 percent have been named. This means mold is very common in both indoor and outdoor environments. While mold and humans can sometimes co-exist without issue, certain mold species can cause health effects for some people.
If the right conditions exist, mold will grow. Those conditions include:
- Water - Different mold types require varying amounts of liquid before growth begins.
- Temperature - Normal indoor temperatures will promote mold growth.
- Time - Initial mold colonizers can take hold within one day after being exposed to an adequate water supply.
Mold growth can occur in any home, so it’s essential to keep an eye out for situations that might promote mold activity. Roof/chimney leaks, wet basements, or condensation from ducts that dampen surrounding insulation are just a few examples of issues that make a house a prime target for mold growth.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth for mold remediation services.
If you suspect mold in your home, call SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth to assess the situation. We have the knowledge, tools, and track record to remediate mold in your home or business effectively.