Tips to Prepare Your Home for Winter
Tips to Prepare Your Southwest Fort Worth Home for the Holidays
- Do not let your leaves stay put! This can cause mildew growth and smother your yard.
- Keep your firewood stacked away from your home because creepy crawlers love cozy wooden homes! We recommend keeping your woodpiles more than 6 feet away from your homes.
- Make sure to pest-proof your beautiful plants.
- Cover and protect all outside faucets and hoses to prevent freezing and cold air from circulating into your homes.
- Let the sunshine in! Opening your blinds or curtains can help to cut costs for electric bills.
- BE WEARY OF ICICLES! As beautiful as icicles are to look at, they can cause major damage to your homes. Leaving them can lead to leaks and roof damage.
- Humidify your air to keep mold away.
- DO NOT pour hot water on your frozen car windshield. This can cause your windshield to crack! Instead, use an ice scraper and a commercial de-icing spray (rubbing alcohol will work too).
If you have any questions feel free to call your SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth at (817)-557-6895! We are here to help!