Frozen Pipes Can Lead to Water Damage
While the winter of 2015-2016 was relatively mild in Southwest Fort Worth, everyone who lived in the area at the time remembers the brutal winter of 2014-2015. Some of the details:
- 40 days with the low temperature at or below freezing, this is well above average
- 6 of 7 days with at least a trace of snow, sleet, freezing rain, or freezing drizzle from February 22-28.
- Up to 7 inches of snow accumulation reported during Winter Storm Thor March 4-5.
Freezing temperatures can lead to frozen pipes, which can lead to water damage. Tips to help you avoid having your pipes freeze are:
- Keep your home at a minimum of 68 degrees.
- If you're away on vacation, shut off water supply valves to significant appliances.
- Remove hoses from and cover outdoor faucets.
If this happens to you, SERVPRO of Southwest Fort Worth is here to help. Call us at 817-557-6895.